June 27, 1937, a group of believers began meeting in a tent, which was located at the corner of Division and Second streets, in Northfield. The group became formally organized as the Northfield Alliance Church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance on January 16, 1942. Following this, they built a basement structure, located at 105 North Water Street. Upon further growth another building was built on the corner of Division and Woodley.
The church continued to grow in numbers and ground was broken for the current church site on September 28, 1975. On July 6, 2005, the church changed its name to Cornerstone Alliance Church of the Christian Missionary Alliance.
Many people have experienced, fellowship, hospitality, discipleship, teaching, and opportunities to serve over the years at Northfield/Cornerstone Alliance church. Through the ebb and flow of time, and as people have come and gone, Cornerstone's mission has remained the same; to make disciples who connect with God, connect with others, connect in service, and to connect the lost to Jesus.